Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wisdom....or maybe not!

As any reader should probably know I am currently attended Liberty University as a freshman. I love every single aspect of life here at LU, and although I may miss my family and friends back home I could not ask for a better place to be. I have now been to all my classes and love most of them, mainly because they do not seem real hard. Freshman classes are always pretty easy thank God! I have made many friends and already laughed, cried, and laughed until we cried with most of them. I just thought I would share a little issue that a few of us had the other day, it is quite funny.

In my suite there are 6 girls. (No boys allowed) Four of us girls were in the kitchen discussing heavy events in our world. Okay so really we were talking about how to make hot chocolate. My dear roommate then stated
"I bet this coffee maker would work the same way!"
Since we have 2 coffee makers and none of drink coffee we decided sure why not.

So we proceded to poor milk into the back of the coffee maker and since we had no idea how much we just guessed. We decided to put the chocolate mix in where the coffee grains go and added a filter for good measure. Again we had no idea how much to use so we just guessed. By the way 3 out of the 4 of us are JUNIORS in college!

As soon as we put them in we all just bent over and glared at the coffee maker. If someone would have walked in they would have thought something huge was on television or something! So we wait what seemed like forever which was more like 30 seconds. Then, Splash! Here is comes. Well it needed more chocolate so we added it as the coffee maker was running. This clogged the whole thing and we only got about a tablespoon worth of drink.

After all the excitment as to how it would taste, the smell frightened us all and we would not taste it. So what did we do? We found our wonderful RA named Amber and had her taste it. She did so willingly and said it wasn't bad, but needed more chocolate.

So what is so funny about this? What we didn't think about is that hot milk sours. So when we returned from Amber's room guess what we smelled?!? Yes, sour milk so disgusting. The coffee maker still stinks and I don't know if it will ever stop giving off the aroma!

So maybe the next time we will think before we try to invent something....maybe we needed some senior wisdom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep! You definitely need your hot chocolate maker! I'm glad you are happy, but I am also glad you miss us even a little bit!

Lula! said...

Yep--take the hot chocolate maker back home with you. And please call me before y'all attempt another stunt such at this--I did go to that same school, and I did do stupid college stuff. I know a little.

Remember--don't steal your dorm's vacuum to use in a Coffee House skit. Or else the LU Police (or as we called them, "Pretend Cops!") will be after you.

Glad you are having fun--I had a blast while at LU. GOOOOOOOOD TIMES!