Saturday, August 16, 2008

College Life

Liberty University is pretty much the best school ever!!! I have already made so many friends that I know will last a lifetime. I love East, my RAs, SLDs, and PLs are so nice and very helpful. I have already laughed so many times and I have been very busy. Here are a few of the girls on my hall:

We also have an amazing brother dorm. We go and eat with them every night. A few night ago they came and sang to us, I have the video on my facebook but for some reason I can't get it to transfer on here so you can go check it out there.

As you may know Liberty has some pretty strict rules that are refererred to as the "Liberty Way." Some rules are:

1) The only contact that the 2 people of the opposite sex may participate in are holding hands and a hug that may only last for 3 seconds.

2) Boys are not allowed in girl dorms and girls are not allowed in the boy dorms.

3) Everyone must wear jeans to class and boys must wear collard shirts and NO sweatpants can be worn to class.

4) In order to stay overnight with someone off of campus they must be at least 21 and a married couple.

5) A 10:00 curfew is enforced on Tuesday nights, and for every 15 minutes you are late you get repremands commonly know as REPS by the Liberty Students.

If you are seen breaking these rules you get REPS and as Liberty Students say "That is not the Liberty Way."

2 comments:

Lula! said...

Oooooooohhhhhh...
The Liberty Way...such fond memories.

You know I was a rebel when I was there. But I never got reps. Just a bunch of parking tickets. 'Cause my joy in life was parking in Dr. Falwell's spot. Woooooooooooooooooooo!

Glad you are having fun--I knew you'd love it. The best decision I ever made, after accepting God, was being obedient and going to LU. Oh yes, it was.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having very blessed time. And have fun! Don't forget to study though LOL